vmware

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Tue Jul 29 20:00:33 UTC 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Samuel Thibault" <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org>
To: "Linux for blind general discussion" <blinux-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2008 5:13 PM
Subject: Re: vmware

> John Heim, le Fri 11 Jul 2008 17:08:18 -0500, a écrit :
>> Is it accessible via speakup?
>
> It is not by itself. You need to install accessibility software in the
> running virtual machine.

I guess my original question was kind of dumb. What I am trying to do is
install the vmware infrastructure, esx. It boots from a CD like a debian or
redhat installation. So that's not going to be accessible via speakup.
Unless the vmware engineers thought to build speakup into their kernel. Not
too likely.

I have tried remastering the vmware esx install CD with a serial console but
that didn't work either. It boots linux but displays nothing. I can hit
Ctrl+Alt+Del to reboot so I don't think it's hung.  BBut nothing is sent to
ttyS0 so I suspect support for serial console is not built into the kernel.

Has anybody installed vmware esx or esxi?