Cygwin.

Lee Maschmeyer lee_maschmeyer at wayne.edu
Thu Jun 12 20:43:27 UTC 2008

Hi Anders,

Yes, Cygwin is accessible for us, especially with brltty. The installer is a
bear. I finally figured out how to work it using Jaws braille, but with the
little bit I learned about WindowEyes braille it wasn't nearly as complete.
I don't know if I would ever have caught on using speech. (But that might be
influenced a bit by my being deaf...)

If you've got about 3 GB of free disk space you can install everything. This
is easier and, imho, more reliable. If you don't have or want to spend that
much you can try to figure out the specific components you'll need.

In any case, start with the default installation. This gives you a Bash
shell and some tools. After that you can install everything (look at the
User's Guide for instructions) or the specific packages you need. Trying to
do it all in one shot has never worked for me which is why I suggest a
two-stage process (and I think the User's Guide does too).

Good luck,

--
Lee Maschmeyer
Computing Center Services