Calling Cygwin Experts

John J. Boyer john.boyer at jjb-software.com
Tue Jun 17 07:51:03 UTC 2008

I'm preparing versions of the components of my braille transcription
engine using Gnu autotools. One of the platforms I'm testing it on is
Cygwin, running under Windows XP professional. I'm logged in as
Adminsstrator. When I type make install I get "permission denied"
messages. The first is for installing documentation in /usr/share even
though the directory is owned by my adminsstrative username. What causes
this and what can I do about it?

Thanks,

--
John J. boyer; President, Chief Software Developer
JJB Software, Inc.