braille configuration

Moritz moritz.wyder at gmx.ch
Sun Mar 2 19:35:18 UTC 2008

Hi everyone
I wrote some days ago how to install a braille display on a Ubuntu machine.
Since then I tried to get the Braille working with brltty, but it just
doesn't work. I now want to try my other braille display, an alva 40. But
this one hasn't got a USB, but only 2 serial connections. Now my question,
does Ubuntu need a programm to convert a serial to an USB? Or would it just
work, if I connect the serial with the USB Port?
Off listers would although be appreciated, so my troubles don't bother the
whole list :-)
Moritz.wyder at gmx.ch would be my addy.
thanks a lot
Moritz