Which window manager?

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Mon Mar 3 20:22:24 UTC 2008

Hi,

I got Orca set up, or at least I think so because it asked me some
questions and talked.  Now I'm trying to set up the rest of X.  I'm
being told to pick a window manager.  What should I use?  Does it matter
for speech?  I don't need Braille or magnification.

I'm running grml with Debian unstable on a 1.70 GHZ processor and 256 MB
of RAM.  I tried putting Gnome as my window manager but that didn't
work.  If I should be reading a web page somewhere, please point me to
it.  Thanks very much.  I'm totally new to X and have no idea what I'm
doing.