brltty - cut and paste question

Geoff Shang Geoff at quitelikely.com
Fri Mar 14 09:01:01 UTC 2008

Hi Daniel,

You're right that BrlTTY and Speakup can only cut what is visible on the
screen.  This is because cut and paste in an application doesn't cut to an
equivalent of a windows clipboard, and cut and paste in screen access
programs can only see what is on screen at the time.

The way I get around what you're asking about is to use the command to read
a text file into a message (control-r in pine/alpine for example) and
either edit it in there or save the bit I want into its own text file first
and then read it in.

Geoff.