[BRLTTY] brltty - cut and paste question

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Fri Mar 14 09:42:40 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 07:32:59PM +1100, Daniel Dalton wrote:
> So I have a question:
> It looks like that brltty is only capable of cutting text from the current
> visible screen...
> So how can I say cut a 10 page emacs document and paste it in an email?

You can use the cut and paste functionality in Emacs, or save the document as
a file and read it into your e-mail message using Emacs (or any other text
editor); or you can save the file and specify it as an attachment to your mail
message.

The Emacs manual explains how to cut a region, and how to past (i.e., yank in
Emacs terminology) it.

Hint: c-@ (in other words ctrl-2) marks the start of the region; C-w (i.e.,
ctrl-w) cuts it, deleting the original. M-w (i.e., alt-w or esc w) copies the
region without deleting it. C-y yanks it, that is, inserts it where the cursor
is.

This is all thoroughly gone into in the Emacs manual.