FreeDots: MusicXML to Braille music translation (status-update)

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Thu Mar 20 16:21:29 UTC 2008

Josh wrote:
> I hope when this is done that there will be a version for windows
> available.

Umm, there already is.  Get a Python interpreter for Windows and have at
it.  You'll still need the proper libraries and modules.  I suggest a
look at Cygwin because it should have brlapi support via the brltty
package and already includes Python.  Since this is a Linux list, I will
not post here on running this under Windows.  Look at
http://www.python.org/ and http://www.cygwin.com/ for interpreters.  The
official Python might be easier to use because it doesn't rely on the
awkward Cygwin path and drive structure.