tv on linux

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Sat Mar 22 07:07:10 UTC 2008

Hi,

What do I need to do to get tv working on linux?
Either cli or with orca in a gui.
I tried tvtime, but its not accessible with orca.
What drivers or modules do I need?

I have one of those tv usb tuners. (digital tv...)

Here is the information I took down when the computer tech guy was here:

brand: tv msi
model: pc-tv

Let me know if you want the model number.
Also I have another card if this one won't work.
I bought one and got given one so have two.

tv card two:
brand: fusion hdtv
Its a 'dvb-t' nano as well

If someone knows how I can get either one or both of these working under
linux I would like to know.
Do I need a gui?
Anything that supports either orca or brltty is fine.
So gui or cli.

If someone could help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks!

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/