syncing mail and address book

Willem van der Walt wvdwalt at csir.co.za
Fri Mar 28 09:52:36 UTC 2008

I am not really sure what you want to do, but your new mail is storred in
/var/mail/name where name is the user name who's mail it is, like,
/var/mail/joe will contain the new mail/inbox of user joe.
Joe's alpine mail is in /home/joe/.mail which is a directory containing
the mail folders like sentmail, savedmessages etc.
You can simply copy these folders around if this will achieve what you
want.  You can allso append one to another, like:
cat laptopnewmail >> /var/mail/joe
Note the two greaterthan signs for appending.
HTH, Willem