Talk on Debian accessibility by Samuel Thibault

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sat Mar 29 11:30:06 UTC 2008

Tony Baechler, le Sat 29 Mar 2008 01:07:04 -0800, a écrit :
> I haven't listened to the talk but it seems to focus on Braille.

Well, I mostly know braille stuff so that I've spent some time on it,
also because people usually don't have _any_ idea of how braille is,
while speech synthesis is a lot easier to tackle.  That said, the rest
of my talk was independant of braille, and would apply to speech,
magnification etc.

> While the video files have been available since 29 February 2008
> according to the directory listing, they are very big and not easy to
> play.  I got CRC errors with the mpeg file in MPlayer and Winamp on
> Windows would not play the MPEG file at all.

Note that there are .ogg versions too.

Samuel