partition table - too many swap partitions and how big should extended partition be?

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Thu May 1 10:19:28 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have about 4 different swap partitions on my hard drive due to the 4
reinstalls I did.
So how can I find out and do the following:
- Work out what swap partition linux actually uses so I don't delete the
one it needs
- Delete the unneeded swap partitions
- Resize my linux partition to get the most space possible?

Also there is a 10 gb extended space or something partition on my disk. It
is 10 gb, so how big should this be? Is it required and what is it for?
I thought a linux install only needed a swap partition and a linux
partition for the actual install and files. (and if people then choose to
have /home on another partition then that is different, but I just said
all files in one partition.)

Thanks for any help,

--
Daniel Dalton