systematic backups in Linux?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Fri May 2 15:03:52 UTC 2008

Hi Tony,
Just checked and we have it here at shellworld, which is wonderful.
I am trying to remember the command for learning my file size usage up
here, but as I now have .pdf files missing too,  it would not be correct
in any case.
I heard about 5 g, but I know that cannot be true.
It is a lot though, what with  the media formats including .wav and .aif
along with the mp3 ones, compressed programs in .zip format,  the above
missing pdf files   word things and text.
Still I will only have to do one major backup once, then the scheduled
ones  on a   likely after all this missing jazz a weekly basis or
something.
I have things going back for years, and you would be surprised how often I
have to revisit those things.
I may now need to create a server of my own, since I cannot imagine having
to send something back up here if I need it...which has happened 4 times
in the past few days.
Plus I want to keep my folder structure in pine if I can.

Thanks for your wisdom,

Karen