dual boot and grub?

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Tue May 13 12:09:15 UTC 2008

Hi,

I just installed debian to a partition windows to a partition and ubuntu
to a partition for fun. I have a couple of questions:
- Is the grub configuration that is used on the last installed linux? So
if I install ubuntu last will the /boot/grub/menu.lst file that is used by
the system be there or on the debian partition?
If so why is this and should I do something to only have one grub
configuration through out all my partitions?
Also if this is true is the grub on debian used anymore?
- How can I change the order of the operating systems in the boot menu?
Just adjust the lines in menu.lst?

Also if I get sick of all these operating systems, what is the best way to
remove ubuntu?
Just delete its partition?

Thanks,

--