DAISY.xml - Mikro$oft's great plans for us VIPs!

marbux marbux at gmail.com
Mon May 19 00:36:31 UTC 2008

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 3:02 AM, Aldo <blinuxman at tuxfamily.org> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> does someone here can tell me if future versions of OpenOffice will ship
> a similar facility to save an .odt file to DAISY.xml ?

I can't satisfactorily answer the question in regard to OpenOffice.org, but
there is a set of XSL transforms for going between Daisy and ODT. See <
http://lists.opendocumentfellowship.com/pipermail/odf-discuss/2006-August/003592.html>.
OpenOffice.org has tools for writing to and reading from XSLTs, but I'm not
familiar with how well they work or how well they might integrate with the
Daisy XSLTs.

As I understand the situation, the ODT XSLTs are part of the Daisy Pipeline.
<http://daisymfc.sourceforge.net/>.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Marbux