any one aware wiat is emacspeak not running with espeak?

krishnakant Mane krmane at gmail.com
Thu May 29 06:28:51 UTC 2008

hello all,
I am trying to get emacspeak work with espeak.
long back I was given a link pointing to the oralux website where I
could download emacspeak espeak script which did a wonderful job of
making both of them work together.
now when I tried getting to that link, it does not seam to work.
now I have only one alternative,
can some one tell me how I can make emacspeak work with espeak?
I am using ubuntu 8.04 and although sudo apt-get install emacspaek
worked, I could not make it work with espeak.
there was an option to have espeak work with emacspeak but the problem
is that I am asked for the port and since espeak is a software synth,
I can't figure out what the port is.
can some one help?
happy hacking.
Kk