XSLT styled XML via Lynx?

Lloyd Rasmussen lras at loc.gov
Fri May 30 13:23:36 UTC 2008

I think you could do this with an entry in the .mailcap file in Lynx's home
directory.  But for better advice, I would recommend sending a message to
   lynx-dev at nongnu.org
or going to their webpage:
for subscribe and archive information.  These addresses are the current
development locations for Lynx.

At 02:37 AM 5/30/2008, you wrote:
>Hi.
>
>XML and XSLT is increasingly being used on the web.
>For a simple example of what I am talking about, see
>the following link: http://xml.frquadrat.de/info.xml (and info.xslt).
>(View those files in plain-text).
>
>Now, modern browsers already include an XSLT processor and can handle
>the rendering of that info.xml to HTML at the client side.
>I am not expecting lynx to link to an XSLT processor, but,
>xsltproc, the command-line tool from libxml2, does already
>handle XML files with embedded stylesheet links.
>I.e., the following command works:
>
>xsltproc http://xml.frquadrat.de/info.xml | lynx -stdin
>
>Does anyone know a relatively simple way to teach
>lynx to automatically do this step whenever hitting on
>a text/xml mime type?
>
>--
>CYa,
>   ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>
>   .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang/key at db.debian.org
>  : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
>  `. `'
>    `-      <URL:http://delysid.org/>  <URL:http://www.staff.tugraz.at/mlang/>

Lloyd Rasmussen, Acting Head, Engineering Section
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress    (202) 707-0535   <http://www.loc.gov/nls>
HOME:  <http://lras.home.sprynet.com>
The opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent
those of NLS.