Getting started with Linux

Robert Jaquiss rjaquiss at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 21 01:48:51 UTC 2008

Hello:

     I want to get started learning Linux. In the past, I used Unix, so I
hope I know some of the basic commands. My problem is how to get a box up
and running. I have a PC that has or will have a hard drive and CD drive in
it. There does not seem to be a local Linux group in my area of Louisiana. I
use speech and have a Braillex 2D braille display. My goal is to have a box
that I can learn enough Linux on so I can become certified and return to the
workforce. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Regards,

Robert Jaquiss
West Monroe, Louisiana
Email: rjaquiss at earthlink.net