Getting started with Linux

Rob Harris robh at apearl.net
Tue Oct 21 18:26:42 UTC 2008

Suggest you look for one of the cli iso images with speakup built in, though
there are more and sound card based speech systems now, but speakup had the
benefit of talking from bootup to power down.  I still have one here,
Slackware 9 with an old Apollo synth, but it's not been on in a year or
more.  But this is the UK, so not cost effective to ship..  I can post any
amount of manuals though, but you can download them anyway is my guess.
There is a blinux list of course which you ought to be on and they can
better advise you of the flavours and versions of Linux to get and which are
the quickest or most straight forward to install.  remember there are mini
versions out there which can start and do all the linux things without
having to install at all.  They might be a good start.  Can't remember any
of the names, suggest you find and join the blinux list first and take it
from there.

RobH.