Ardour

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Oct 30 17:31:11 UTC 2008

Hi, Christian:

It does appear that Ardour would be usable with Orca. I have looked
through the menus, as has Frank Carmickle. We're both of the opinion
that it's usable. I don't believe either of us has yet created a project
with Ardour, let alone concluded one.

To get jack working you probably need a second audio device. In other
words, you should probably not try to use jack on the same audio device
that you're using for speech. At least my attempts to do so have crashed
quite thoroughly--maybe you're experience will be different.

So, once you have a second device, simply start jackd on that device.
The jackd help is pretty sufficient, I think.

hth

Janina