OCR on linux

Willem van der Walt wvdwalt at csir.co.za
Mon Sep 29 07:52:43 UTC 2008

Good day,
I wrote a front-end to ocropus/tesseract which is available as part of the
Kies menu system which is released under gpl3.
If your scanner is set up and working through sane, this front-end alow
for getting the text from the paper into an html document.
See the README in the wrapper scripts directory for moere detail.
Kies can be downloaded from the speakup ftp site under the goodies
directory.
HTH, Willem