speakup debian kernel

Kristoffer Gustafsson kg84 at dreamwld.com
Thu Apr 2 08:04:45 UTC 2009

Hello!
Is there any speakup kernel .deb packages still available?
I'm running lenny, and I have very big problems when trying to get the speakup modules worki8ng. Because when I try to load them, with modprobe speakup_soft, it just hangs.
If I run it with depmod the module loads, but I think it is that that causes a big problem. because then I can't load any other modules, and at reboot I lose sound support.
Both that and the pc speaker, I have to reinstall the hole damn lenny.
I did this 5 times yesterday.
So now I'm very tired of this. so please, help me.
/Kristoffer