Inquiry: How to set the crontab job permanently

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Sat Aug 1 09:39:05 UTC 2009

On Sat, 1 Aug 2009, hadi motamedi wrote:

> 30 23 * * * cp ~www/db_backup/cdr/cdrFromMSC* /tmp
> It is functioning correctly but we will loose it after server reboot . Can
> you please let us know how we can set it permanently even after server
> reboot ?

Your crontab should be retained across reboots.  I am responsible for a
number of setups which rely heavily on crontab and we don't lose them
across reboots.

Do you have /var/spool mounted somewhere temporary?  What is in your
crontab when you reboot?

Geoff.