cups and Panasonic-KX-P1123 status

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sun Aug 9 14:17:22 UTC 2009

An apt-cache search "line printer" on my debian machine turned up a few
results.  One of them was lpr and cups wasn't mentioned.  So I removed
cups entirely and replaced it with lpr.  When I try printing I'm pretty
sure I got a file printed out correctly.  I will find out later, but it
appears cups just isn't the right kind of tool for dot matrix printers.
I may be able to increase the font size with troff inside of a file then
send that out to the printer too.  Have to read up on troff or actually
groff commands for that and find out.