the linux cookbook

Tim Chase blinux.list at thechases.com
Mon Dec 7 16:01:47 UTC 2009

> Does anyone know where I can get the Linux cookbook?

Which one?  There are two by that name:  one by Michael Stutz and
one by Carla Schroder.  I have the first edition of Stutz's book
(published by No Starch Press) in paperback and it was a good
read, and the 2nd edition is out now.  It's available freely
online at http://dsl.org/cookbook/cookbook_toc.html and is well
worth the read.  Carla's is published by O'Reilly press and it
was pretty good the last time I read it, but it's a very
different book and I'd recommend Stutz's as a first place to start.

-tim