help with crashed system

blinux-mail at AegisInfoSys.com blinux-mail at AegisInfoSys.com
Thu Dec 31 01:13:57 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 15:56:51PM -0800, Tom Masterson wrote:
> I created a bootable memory stick (for some reason my netbook doesn't
> recognize either usb cd drive though my linux laptop does) and got up
> brltty.  The error we are getting is "general error mounting filesystems"
> and fstab looks just fine.

FWIW, there are over 100 hits on google for the search:

   linux "general error mounting filesystems"

Several mention grub issues.  At least one mentions a graphics
driver problem.  It might be something other than hard drive issues.