[orca-list] Fw: Playing multiple sounds?

Tomas Cerha cerha at brailcom.org
Sun Jan 4 17:50:19 UTC 2009

Hello Anthony,

playing multiple sounds with ALSA and SD should not be a problem.  ALSA
uses DMIX for software mixing so even with single channel sound cards,
Speech Dispatcher should share the audio device with other applications.

If it doesn't work, the problem may be either in Speech Dispatcher not
really using ALSA output or your ALSA setup not supporting DMIX.

See also
http://alsa.opensrc.org/home/w/org/opensrc/alsa/index.php?title=DmixPlugin

Best regards, Tomas