Has any solution for blind to run windows under linux?

David Poehlman david.poehlman at handsontechnologeyes.com
Sun Jan 11 21:38:45 UTC 2009

vmware has nothing to do with a web browser.  If you run fusion on the
mac for instance, you can run linux and or windows xp or vista and
others too I'm told.

On Jan 11, 2009, at 4:36 PM, John G. Heim wrote:

Getting vmware to run under linux does have something to do with
safari & voiceover. As I said, I don't think you can get the vmware
web app to run in safari. It doesn't run very well under firefox with
orca either. Well, in fact it doesn't run great under IE with jaws for
that matter. It's just kind of a sucky web app in terms of
accessibility. But I tried all three and by far the best combo was IE
& jaws.

It's true that having to press the enter key to enter data into a
field when using jaws is kind of lame but voiceover is chuck full of
things like that. You have to press a 4 key combination to interact
with a table or to interact with text.

I don't mean to trash voiceover here. As I said, I am trying to switch
to the Mac full time. You're on the voiceover list right? I asked
about the voiceover vs jaws issue last summer and specifically about
voiceover & safari compared to IE and jaws. I was on yet another list
and had asserted that voiceover users would say that it's as good as
jaws. So I asked on the voiceover list and was disappointed by the
answers. First of all, several people agreed that voiceover isn't up
the the standard set by jaws yet. Others suggested I switch to firefox
for the Mac. I guess you can't entirely trust self-selected surveys
but when it's voiceover users themselves saying this, it carries a lot
of weight. Well, anyway, that's what I meant when I used the term
"conventional wisdom". It's not as if I've done a scientific survey
but then "conventional wisdom" isn't a scientific term either.

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Poehlman" <david.poehlman at handsontechnologeyes.com