Has any solution for blind to run windows under linux?

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Mon Jan 12 15:11:13 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "marbux" <marbux at gmail.com>
> Can't agree here. There are valid reasons to run Windows too. I run
> WinXP Pro as a VM atop Kubuntu 8.04 using Virtual Box for productivity
[...]

What do you use for a screen reader in Windows?

I went with vmware for my virtual infrastructure because that's what we use
in my department.  But jaws is not working real well. I may have to switch
to nvda.

PS: I'm glad somebody with more specifics chimed in on the productivity
issue. I mentioned it but I don't feel knowledgable enough to spout off
about it. But the truth is that a lot more resources have been pourd  into
Windows apps over the years than linux. It makes sense that it's way ahead.
I am not being sarcastic when I say that open source software is one of the
great steps forward in human history. But we've been at it only for a few
years so far.