Using a server distro

Octavian Râşniţă orasnita at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 16:34:10 UTC 2009

Hi,

No, I don't have a hardware synthesizer. I installed a VMWare image with
Vinux and it works fine, although I still need to learn how to use speakup
and Orca.

Does anyone know what happened with IBM Via Voice and if it can be used with
Orca? It is far better than the eSpeak synth. I know that there were some
legal issues regarding the licence and that's why it is not used anymore,
which is... too bad.

Thank you.

Octavian