Program Recommendations

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Tue Jul 28 21:04:18 UTC 2009

vlc too, then the user could run cvlc for console applications which is
what your system will have.  All of the Linux-HowTos files would be useful
too.  Even if emacs and info don't make it onto the system the user will
have a pretty good amount of informative material to get them started.
pilot goes along with pico and alpine (file manager) too.  A spreadsheet
perhaps sc or oleo if emacs isn't going to be part of the system, if so
show the user how to run the calc command for that.  tin for news reading
as well as newsbeuter for rss and podcasts.  Perhaps podracer or
bashpodder for podcasts though podracer does require bittorrent and
screen.  The ircii program for irc chatting might be nice as well as
nethack for a little entertainment.