still exim

Labrador labrad0r at edpnet.be
Fri Jul 31 08:26:31 UTC 2009

Hi,

can someone using an rpm based os tell me how he+she resolved the config
problem of the exim mta, or another method to be able to send and receive
mail:

I'm using Mandriva, but there isn't any dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config
command of course to launch a config tool.

So I'm currently using pine because he can post directly to smtp relays, and
mutt because he can retrieve from pop servers.
A very bad method IMHO!

But I wasn't able to find any usable information regarding how to config
exim or another set or packages to be able to do what I did until now for
years and years under deb based oses.

Thanx in advance for any urgent help!

Labrad0r