console size

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Mar 16 15:22:43 UTC 2009

Probably a change in the video driver.

You may not get the original grid back. You will probably need sighted
assistance to figure out what resolutions are available.

If you use grub, put 'vga=ask' in the kernel arguments. Be prepared to
use Scroll Lock with a sighted assistance to learn the available
resolutions. Write them down and try the highest resolution provided,
e.g. on my Thinkpad I have vga=0x318
 which gives me 128x48 -- the best I can do today.

Janina