accessing the NLS Bard website with Lynx

Rudy Vener salt at panix.com
Wed Nov 4 22:52:03 UTC 2009

Thanks. I was finally able to download a book.  I don't think it
matters what the name of the compressed file is.
I just save it to book.zip and uncompress it
into a memory stick.

On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 12:44:42AM -0800, Tony Baechler wrote:
> You're probably not accepting cookies.  I downloaded several books with
> Lynx the cat.  Also, you'll have to be careful when saving.  Lynx
> doesn't preserve the full names of the files because NLS uses spaces.
> If possible, you should use Firefox for a better experience, but it can
> be done with Lynx.  What I did was send a head request for the book I
> wanted and print the output to a file.  Among the headers is the full
> name of the file.  If using Speakup, you can copy and paste the file
> name, including quotes and rename the incomplete file names.
>
> On 11/3/2009 4:13 AM, Rudy Vener wrote:
>>
>> Has anyone else had a problem accessing
>> http://nlsbard.loc.giv
>> using Lynx with SSL?
>>
>> After I enter my email address and password the login process appears to go
>> through, but invariably I find myself
>> back at the login page.

Rudy Vener, Owner and founder
Pizza Galaxy
Phone: (203) 230-9662
Website: http://www.pizzagalaxy.com

Restaurant owners, our online ordering and  Internet
marketing brings new customers to your shop and keeps them
coming back. Get our free report: The Top 7 Ways for Restaurants
to get Customers Online. Go to
http://www.pizzagalaxy.com/top7ways.html
to get your free copy.

see for yourself  how customers hear about restaurant online
ordering by following us on  Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/pizzagalaxy