hardware synthesizer

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Fri Oct 23 05:24:56 UTC 2009

First thing to find out is if you even have a slot available to install a
serial card.  If no, then look around for a usb to male 9 pin serial
adapter and buy it.  If you can also buy a serial modem hook that up to
your adapter and check your hardware inventory after the external serial
modem is installed.  Then with a telecommunications program send the
command AT <cr> out over the new serial port.  If OK comes up on your
screen, you've just verified both your adapter and modem work.  You might
also look at http://www.rcsystems.com/ and see what you can find there.On