accessible way of using shoutcast?

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Wed Oct 28 04:38:22 UTC 2009

The vlc program ought to be able to enable you to listen, cvlc which is
part of that same package runs on the console.  The mplayer software can
also do that but needs a bit more disabled on this machine at least for
listening.  I've never had an occassion to send a shoutcast stream on any
operating system so will defer to others who may answer that part of your
question.  With mplayer, you'll need to download separate codecs file if