New member

Graham Lewis [gjl] gjl at aber.ac.uk
Thu Sep 17 15:44:03 UTC 2009

Hi.  I am new to linux and wonder what the best way is to go about getting a linuc system p and running.  A quick surf about the web unearthed more information than I can cope with about useful applications but no starters guide.  Most seem to assume a fair bit of knowledge about linux.  Which flavour of linux should I go for and is there a user group that would guide me over the initial problems?

I should say that I have some limited vision left so could manage to install using a decent screen magnifier.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Regards
Graham Lewis

Cydgysylltydd
Y Ganolfan Datblygu Staff ac Ymarfer Academaidd
Prifysgol Aberystwyth
Adeilad Cledwyn
Campws Penglais
Aberystwyth
Ceredigion
SY23 3DD

Ffôn: 01970 621802
Symudol: 07703100401
Ffacs: 01970 622982
E-bost: gjl at aber.ac.uk<mailto:gjl at aber.ac.uk>
www.aber.ac.uk/staffdevelopment<http://www.aber.ac.uk/staffdevelopment>

Co-ordinator
The Centre for the Development of Staff and
Academic Practice
Aberystwyth University
Cledwyn Building (Room G18)
Penglais Campus