SV: Re: Need help data recovery software

trev.saunders at gmail.com trev.saunders at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 01:18:34 UTC 2010

Hi,

well, you have a couple options, the two I am aware of are testdisk which is designed for this purpose, and parted the partiitioning tool has a command to recreate a partition if you know roughly were it is.  Fortunitely I've never needed to use either and don't know how well they actually work.  I would suggest that you first make a copy of the disk with dd before making attempts to recover data that would involve writting to the disk.

HTH
Trev