Hosting audio tutorials

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Fri Apr 9 08:38:11 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I would be happy to host such recordings.  They need not be about any
particular Linux distro, but they should relate to the blind using
Linux, such as with Speakup or Orca.  I can also host podcasts if anyone
is interested in those.  There is no reason why one should use sendspace
or similar.  In my opinion, I have a problem with sendspace because of
the advertising, the confusing links, the popups, and I don't know if
it's accessible in Lynx or other text browsers.  If you would like your
recordings hosted, please contact me privately to set up an ftp
account.  If you plan to regularly release new files, a podcast might be
best, I can help with that also.  Provided that it somehow has to do
with Linux and the blind and doesn't contain commercial advertising, I'm
willing to host it.  Oh, one other thing.  The links won't expire as
with sendspace and such other services.  Note that this is mostly for
audio recordings and not web sites, but small sites might be welcome as
well, depending on the content.  Feel free to post this to other Linux
lists for the blind.  This is not a general offer to host any audio,
it's intended for blind Linux users.