Announcing the OpenTTS project, a fork of speech-dispatcher

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Mon Apr 19 14:18:08 UTC 2010

Hello,

Bill Cox, le Mon 19 Apr 2010 09:50:51 -0400, a écrit :
> > Brailcom has always officially supported the work done by Luke Yelavich and others.  We
> > linked Luke's git from the official Speech Dispatcher web page and we were trying to
> > promote this work where possible.  We also put at least some minimal effort into
> > reviewing how the development continues and plan to make an official release

Couldn't brailcom just share the responsibility of releases with Luke
& co?  I believe forking was for a big part needed to actually commit
and release new versions.  Projects that I have seen forked were usually
like that: the maintainers not having the time to develop and release
new versions, and not having other people do it either.

It'd be really better if we could avoid any fork, as that would save a
lot of packaging / naming headache.

Samuel