Need a hint for elinks

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Fri Apr 23 12:03:41 UTC 2010

Elinks has an option menu which provides a fairly indepth
configuration system.  It can be confusing because it overlays
whatever page you have displayed when you hit 'o.'  Typically I keep a
blank or nobody tab to use just for pulling up the options menu or the
bookmarks page.  Under the options menu there is a choice called html
rendering.  You open these menu choices by hitting a space to expand
and then collapse the options.  There are choices for rendering frames
and tables as frames or as separate links.  You can set frames to
links or whatever the exact menu title is and you won't have the
problem you are discussing.  BTW, the tab key is used to move through
the choices you have on each menu item from info to edit to move etc.
It is really not a bad system once you get used to it.  I just wish
the damn shift-tab worked as advertised.

   Kirk
On Fri, 23 Apr 2010, John J. Boyer wrote:

> Often when I view a website in elinks it is presented in two columns,
> which makes reading difficult. Lynx does not have this problem. Is there
> something I can set in elinks to make websites display as a single
> column, even if they specify otherwise?
>
> Thanks,
> John

> Abilitiessoft, Inc.