Extracting ASCII text from a PDF Document

Martin McCormick martin at x.it.okstate.edu
Thu Aug 12 15:33:49 UTC 2010

Kirk Reiser writes:
> pdftotext is a different program, mine with the -v argument returns:
>
> pdftotext version 3.02
> Copyright 1996-2007 Glyph & Cog, LLC
>

> It also outputs to a file with the basename but containing a .txt
> extension.  I believe it is part of the xpdf utilities.

Thank you very much. I do have pdftotext and I probably need to
upgrade it as mine is 3.00 but it read the document just fine.

	I got confused and thought pstotext was what I needed as
the man page says it will convert a postscript or pdf document
to ASCII text.

	Anyway, it looks like the problem is solved by calling
the right application.

Martin McCormick