Telling Java where to find a native library

John J. Boyer john.boyer at abilitiessoft.com
Mon Aug 23 12:45:34 UTC 2010

I have Java bindings for liblouisutdml, which is on my system in
/usr/local/lib with the name liblouisutdml.so I can't get the library
loader to find it. The distro is CentOS. The JDK is openjdk. the static
initializer contains the statement system.loadLibrary("liblouisutdml");
I get an unsatisfied link exception even if I set
-Djava.library.path=/usr/local/lib when calling the java interpreter and
when I set LD_LIBRAR_PATH to the same value. I even trieed louisutdml.so
ss a symbolic link in the current directory. Nothing works. What's the
secret?

Thanks,
John

Abilitiessoft, Inc.