Looking for a CD Burner in Debian

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Thu Dec 2 19:51:48 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2 Dec 2010, RiverWind wrote:

> I have a linux box, and I am running the Debian system with the
> Orca screen reader software. I have a collection of audio books
> that are broken up into small chunks. Consequently, I have to keep
> closing and opening files in order to read them. Is there any way
> that I can combine all of the small pieces of the book into one
> large file?

I'm also a Debian user, but have not yet made the leap to using the GUI.
But I would expect that whichever program you're using to play these
files, you should be able to put them in one big playlist and let them
play in sequence, without having to manually open files all the time and
without having to actually modify the files.

Someone who knows more about Gnome wil have to advise how you would do
this, but given that even players in the console can do this, surely
something in Gnome should be able to.

Geoff.