File Mannagement and Selective Playing with mpg123

RiverWind riverwind at shellworld.net
Thu Dec 30 02:47:17 UTC 2010

Tim, I thankyou for all of your input; you have provided a lot of helpful
information.

I was also thinking of using the concatenation feature of Sox: I
believe the syntax is something like file1.mp3 file2.mp3 file3.mp3
bigfile.mp3. However, I am unaware of any punctuation and/or
switches that might be needed in this sort of file management. The
Sox manual is a bit terse and a bit short on syntax examples.

I just wish I knew what aspect of sox interfiered with gnome on my
system.

Feel free to visit my website and my blog and learn more about me
and what I stand for.
My Website @ http://riverwind.shellworld.net
My Blog http://windraven13.livejournal.com/