basic mysql question

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sat Feb 6 01:53:31 UTC 2010

Does mysql have a way of preventing screen run off?  That's the situation
where more text in context of help screens comes up than there are lines
on the screen to hold it?  I know how to do that with sql itself but would
like to be able to read help without it regularly scrolling off screens.
I know in postgresql it's possible to set a pager variable to less and
once that's done, when a screen run off situation starts to occur less is
called and a user can use less to do the reading and not have a
possibility of loosing information.