icecream server

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Tue Feb 9 03:52:52 UTC 2010

Earlier mplayer -playlist http://www.acbradio.org/treasure-trove.pls
wouldn't play at all.  Tonight though after updates to the system that
stream plays with no problems.  The other site
http://sc1.liquidviewer.com:9062/listen.pls wouldn't play and still
won't.  What I did learn about both wtop and wfed was that both have
switched over to silverlight and canceled other formats other than
windows media player.
The package on debian to play silverlight is called moonlight and
moonlight has way too many conflicts with way too many files on the
linux box I use to make it worthwhile to install it.  Basicly, you
install moonlight and have to uninstall all of gnome.  I can use
silverlight on the mac computer I have just not on linux and not on
windows since windows did one of its system updates and now has to be
fixed by a software technician if one can even be found to do that.