Recording with Rec?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Wed Feb 10 04:55:30 UTC 2010

Lately we are experimenting with xvfb  so I can run firefox-and-enjoy streams
which otherwise would not be workable because of javascript.
So the other night I begin listening to live coverage of the space  shot, which
I tried recording with rec.  First anoyance, seems I must be root.  Next, after
recording 6-hours of this coverage at 350MB, I find out there is no audio.
By chance, are their better programs in non-graphical to record audio from my
sound-card?  Hopefully without always switching to root.
I seem to have an mp3blaster, but in alsamixer, it is missing any options for
increasing treble, so I handle that in mplayer.
At least rec has an option to record directly to mp3, rather than useing 2gb to
make waves.
Thanks in advance for helpful suggestions in FC9
Hart