analyze a .wav or .mp3 file

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Mon Jan 11 22:43:09 UTC 2010

Terry Klarich writes:
> I would like to see if anyone has an idea how to analyze a wav or mp3
> file in a shell script to see if there is any audio present;
> or, it is a blank file.

My thanks to someone a couple of yers ago who suggested this
when I asked a similar question. It is slightly inaccurate as to
the time of mp3 files but it failry close.

#! /bin/sh
sox $1 -e   stat

	I believe it will handle several formats of files.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer