installing software

blinux-mail at AegisInfoSys.com blinux-mail at AegisInfoSys.com
Mon Jan 11 23:05:59 UTC 2010

Often, if a file is properly named (e.g. something-1.2.rpm), then the
appropriate file-manager will automatically hand it off to the correct
installer.  This is widespread for GUI managers, rather less so for
character/terminal managers.